We entered the woods in the dead of night, we followed the scream of the owls, they led us to a fireside, we stood in a circle, our beards hung low and we chanted, and we hummed, and we swayed to and fro, and we concluded that we are unquestionably thrilled to release RawTherapee 5.1!
- Pentax Pixel Shift support, to automatically combine sub-images from a Pentax Pixel Shift raw file into one high quality image, with support for automatic motion detection and masking.
- Support for processing any sub-image from raw formats which support multiple images. Currently up to 4 sub-images supported.
- Dynamic Profile Creator to automatically generate per-image custom processing profiles by merging existing processing profiles based on image metadata (Exif).
- New command-line executable “rawtherapee-cli(.exe)” to reduce startup time for command-line operations.
- HaldCLUT paths are now relative to the HaldCLUT folder as set in Preferences. This enables you to share PP3 files easier.
- Auto White Balance now has a Temperature Bias, letting you make the automatic temperature warmer or cooler.
- LCP correction works for raw and non-raw files.
- LCP distortion correction support for fisheye lenses.
- Certain tools are now hidden or disabled if the loaded image does not support them, e.g. the tools in the Raw tab are disabled when working with a non-raw file.
- Improved fit-to-window zoom functionality of the main preview in the Editor tab.
- New Fast Export option to downscale the image before processing, to increase speed.
- Custom crop ratio.
- Automatic monitor profile detection also in Linux.
- Lens information support added for Panasonic cameras.
- Support for lossy DNG files.
- Support for compressed Fujifilm Bayer raw files.
- Support for compressed X-Trans raw files.
- Support for Sigma sd Quattro DNG raw files.
- Added DCP profiles for accurate color for:
- FUJIFILM X100S
- LG Mobile LG-H815 (LG G4)
- NIKON D300
- NIKON D300
- NIKON D5600
- NIKON D80
- NIKON D810
- OLYMPUS E-M1MarkII
- Panasonic DMC-GX85
News Relevant to Package Maintainers
- No significant changes since 5.0-r1.
- GTK2 is not supported. 5.0-r1 was the last GTK2 release.
- Branches “master” and “gtk3” are dead, do not use them.
- RawTherapee 5 requires GCC-4.9 or higher, or Clang.
- Do not use
-ffast-math, it will not make RawTherapee faster but will introduce artifacts.
-O3, it will make RawTherapee faster with no known side-effects.
- For stable releases use
- For development builds and release-candidates use
News Relevant to Developers
- Announce and discuss your plans in GitHub before starting work.
- Keep branches small so that completed and working features can be merged into the “dev” branch often, and so that they can be abandoned if they head in the wrong direction.
- Use C++11
- Code must be run through astyle.
Complete revision history available on GitHub.