Develop your New Year’s shots with RawTherapee version 4.0.12! There are many new tools to discover and a whole bunch of speed improvements and bug fixes. There are also changes for builders and package maintainers, so be sure to read the article!
Read below to find out more about what’s new.
- Graduated Filter
- Post-crop Vignette Filter
- Powerful Black-and-White tool
- New curves:
- Luminance according to hue (LH)
- Chromaticity according to hue (CH)
- Hue according to hue (HH)
- Chromaticity according to luminance (CL)
- Contrast by Detail Levels tool (wavelet decompose) now has 5 levels
- Auto Levels improved
- Image dimensions added to (i) info
- White Balance slider non-linear for easier control of low and high values
- Noise Reduction tool allows targetting of specific colors (e.g. remove yellow blotches)
- Pre-demosaic automatic removal of chromatic aberration improved
- New output queue template variables %s(0-9)
- New File Browser shortcuts, revision of existing shortcuts (refer to RawPedia)
- New Custom Profile Builder parameters
- Bundled and user profiles in separate submenus
- camconst.json for immediate addition or correction of raw file format support
- White and black levels
- Color matrix
- Crop coordinates
- dcraw 9.19
- The main histogram now shows color levels using the Output Profile
- Enhanced lens info and filter possibilities for manual Nikon lenses
- Added support for
- Kodak DCS 760 and 760s
- Various medium-format backs New DCP profiles for
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Fujifilm FinePix S9500
- Pentax K-5
- Pentax K-5 II
- Pentax K-r
- Support for Capture One ICC profiles
- All Bundled Processing Profiles (PP3) revised
Very significant speed improvements and bug fixes.
Refer to RawPedia, the RawTherapee wiki, for information about these tools and how to use them.
- Ctrl+q / Ctrl+b
As of this version, Ctrl+q is used to (q)uit RawTherapee and Ctrl+b is used to send the currently open image in the Editor tab to the (b)atch Queue. In the past Ctrl+q was used to send the image to the Batch Queue, but Ctrl+q is a widely used shortcut to close the application, so we adopted that convention.
RawTherapee 4.0.12 should be considered a release candidate for version 4.1. That will be our first officially stable version, and we will release it later this month if no major issues are found with 4.0.12.
- For people compiling RawTherapee
- GCC-4.7 or newer is recommended as older versions in some cases can lead to artifacts.
- GTK+ >=2.24.18 is recommended, as the FileChooserButton in older versions of GTK+ is buggy (issue 1852).
- For package maintainers:
The RawTherapee Manual will not be bundled with further RawTherapee releases. All documentation is now entered into RawPedia, the RawTherapee wiki. RawTherapee installers and build scripts should link to RawPedia, not to the obsolete PDF manual.